Student Assistant, (January – September 2006; January 2007 – May 2008)
Student Assistant Lead (January 2009 – December 2009)
California State University, Northridge Information Technology Help Center
Call Center & Walk-In Support Center
- Collaborate with staff members and peers in the writing and editing of a handbook for the Student Assistant position
- Assist students and some faculty members with the proper use of campus technology, including wireless Internet, software, and hardware maintenance.
- Collaborate with full-time consultants for difficult issues.
- Supervise training of new student assistants.
- Help customers maintain a safe and secure computer through the recommendation and use of anti-virus, anti-spyware, browser, and firewall programs.
- Use Secure Shell program to look up student records and assist with file transferring.
- Entering “tickets” or records of customer support, into the Remedy® program or the EBSuite support system.
Floating Supervisor (November 2009 – Present)
- Answering new questions in categories that I have expertise or interest in
- Correcting the spelling or grammar of questions and answers
- Merging and finding alternates for the same questions throughout the site
- Re-categorizing or trashing questions where appropriate
- Removing content that is flagged, such as URLs, and formatting all answers according to site standards
- Collaborate with other Supervisors and Community Assistants to build the best crowd-sourced answers website on the Internet via our corrections, answers, and monitoring of the site
Contributing Editor (July 2009 – Present)
Gaming Dead, LLC
- Writing and editing of video game-related articles, including news, interviews, and reviews.
- Management of articles via the WordPress blogging platform.
Click here to view my Journalism portfolio, which includes the articles I have written for Gaming Dead!
- Helped hundreds of guests daily find exactly what they were looking for in order to have the most enjoyable experience at the resort.
- Worked with fellow Cast Members to ensure the store’s cleanliness
Team Member (May 2005 – October 2005)
Jamba Juice – Plummer St. and California State University, Northridge locations
- Cleaning juice blenders, lids, measuring cups, empty canisters, and juicer parts and utensils
- Preparing smoothies by blending and measuring juices, adding fruit and sorbet/sherbet where requested, adding ice and any other additives (including Boosts™) and blending in a standing blender
- Pouring finished smoothies into cups and delivering them to the customer
- Ringing up customer orders at the register
- Maintaining store cleanliness by sweeping/mopping, bringing chairs and umbrellas inside at closing time, or setting up machines and store prior to opening time
Online Desk Clerk (Seasonal, including Fall 2004, 2005)
California State University, Northridge Matador Bookstore
- Searching for books listed in an online order (arranged in bookstore by department, course number/class ticket number, and professor)
- Assembling orders and marking them as complete or incomplete
- Notifying customers of any errors or difficulties in processing their order, via phone
- Bringing completed orders to Online Pick-Up Desk or Room
- Delivering completed orders to customers at the Pick-Up Desk or Room, getting their signature, and clarifying any alterations to the order
- Calling for assistance via walkie-talkie if there are errors with the order, or an order is unable to be found
Filmcrew Member (September 2003 – May 2004)
AMC Theatres Van Ness 1000
San Francisco, CA
- Maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of all food-service items in the concession area
- Refilling any empty food storage units, including the candy display area, the popcorn heater, condiments, the freezer, and the steaming unit
- Cashiering at the concession area
- Maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of theatres as an usher
- Selling tickets and gift cards at the box office
- Taking tickets and controlling ticket lines during large-scale events
Online Representative (Summer 2001)
Richters Music Boxes and Gifts
Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, CA
- Organizing and maintaining the company webpage by scanning, editing, and uploading up-to-date images from the catalog
- Informing staff members of new online orders
- Processing completed online orders by notifying the customer via email
- Maintaining the company Yahoo! Group mailing list